The term Golden Triangle was the name given to a number of countries in the Southeast Asia Region in the 50s. These countries are known for their huge productions of opium. Today, the word opium can be used quite loosely to describe a certain addictive. I can refer to my daughter’s pacifier as an opium because it gives her a natural high and the moment she gets the pacifier in her mouth, she falls asleep. It is quite similar to someone taking opium back in the 50s. Since hay is the most important part of a rabbit’s diet and they smell OH SOOOoooOOooo GOOooooOD, I am using the term opium to describe how it relates to rabbits. And sometimes they do look like some kind of “weed” too. LOL!
I am not using this post to promote drugs. I would like to teach the general public how one can recognize a rabbit owner through certain common habits that they exhibit.
The followings are the characteristics of an “OBSESSED” rabbit owner:
1) His/her house smells of grass
2) There is a certain smell that only you (as a guest) can smell the moment you step into his/her house
3) He/she talks, eats and sleeps RABBITS
4) He/she always surf in rabbit forums, websites and blogs
5) He/she spends tons of money buying grass (no one can explain this phenomenon)
6) His/her neighbors suspect him/her of being marijuana dealer (seeing him/her with packs of grasses of all kinds)
7) He/she always have fur stuck to his/her shirt at work
8) Contrary to popular beliefs, he/she do not like carrot that much
9) And this is the ultimate, you can always find a big box of grasses in one of the rooms such as this……
On a lighter note, I was trying to arrange the hay nicely in the box above when I found my little girl helping me with feeding Skor his first strand of Bermuda Grass:
P/S: These are hay for ruminant household pets such as Rabbit, Guinea Pig & Chinchillas. So please don’t jump into conclusion and accuse me of having “WEED” or “BONG” ok?