I have been thinking about stuff lately and especially the direction of this hobby of mine. I have always look within my boundaries to find ways to improve everything and anything in the rabbitry. While I am busy doing that and sharing my thoughts through my blog, I failed to notice that many out there has been “spiked” with this rabbit fever.
Here are some of the feelings I “ought” (I must emphasize on this word) to have:
1. I feel like an idiot because there are many out there who are silently reading and silently overtaking me
2. I feel like an idiot because soon many nice rabbits will hit the market due to the influx of importation
3. I feel like an idiot because people around me are fake and is not honest with me
4. I feel like an idiot because I do not sell mix breeds to finance my hobby
5. I feel like an idiot because I was naive to think that I am the only person in Malaysia that could afford importing rabbits
But in fact, I am really happy! I realized that my blogging effort for the past 3 years has an impact. You people have actually read and taken steps to start doing something on your own! Kudos to all of you.
For your information, the above 5 reasons of unhappiness can really kill the hobby. Many breeders has been a victim of these self destructive thoughts that has led to bullying, rivalries and ultimately burnt out in the hobby. At the end of the day, we should all fall back to one word – HOBBY. A hobby is passion without $ in the equation. If money is the focus of what we do, it will eventually come to an end when the money stop flowing in. And many things could happen in between when we try to chase after the $.
Those are just 5 things that could “possibly” make me unhappy, but to be honest here are more reasons why I am happy :
1. I will soon have local bunny friends to have bunny chats (if I do not already have). Being the only one is very lonely
2. People realize what quality is and how many have been cheated by the fakes
3. The quality of rabbits in Malaysia is improving
4. The number of home breeders are increasing and therefore, better informed breeders are on the rise
5. I will soon have people to trade rabbits with
6. The diversity of Holland Lop gene pool
7. More breeders will join ARBA/HLRSC and we can soon form a club to organize ARBA sanctioned shows (real rabbit shows)
8. The realization of Fellowship, Friendship and Fun in Malaysia
9. Sharing of useful information and building a local support group for the breed
10. More are joining the worldwide effort in improving the breed – Holland Lop
So you see, for every negative perception, there are always double or triple the positivity.
I now urge all breeders who have imported and have since joined ARBA, please be in touch with me by emailing me at email@example.com. We shall work towards getting a chartered club and bring this hobby to greater heights.
As for me, I would like to take it to another level. I would like to see my own home grown hitting the tables (if there would be a show in near future). That would be a wholesome experience in my opinion.
Let the fun begin!
One response to “I Feel Like An Idiot Because…”
I FEEL, I LIKE WT U SAY. THAT GOOD……