I still remember the evening of April 17th, 2008. I could almost saved the live of a little solid chocolate kit together with Holly Hope. For the rest of the story, go to my post entitled “I cannot take another DEATH“.
2.5 years later, I finally got some chocolates popping up. In the midst of all the happiness, it is truly the hard work that I would like to celebrate. The encouraging friends in the hobby are those that I hold close to my heart. I am very grateful that they always kept me afloat in this hobby. Many times giving up seemed to be the best thing to do but somehow there is always a fellow bunny friend giving me a nudge.
Most of my bunny friends has been sending baby bunny prayers to me and I believe end of 2010 proves that those prayers has been answered. I am not saying that they are already perfect Chocolate Holland Lops for now but at least it is a good start for me.
Many things has happened in 2010 and here are some of the things I would love to cheer to:
- Another year of amazing friendship and new friends found
- All the beautiful kits born in Meadow Haven
- I am able to palpate and even count kits in the doe’s womb at 10 days (finally!)
- Another year being a proud member of the amazing ARBA & HLRSC
- Being appointed the Representative for ARBA District 9
- Seeing progress with MROC
- Seeing more good home breeders taking steps to breed ethically
It will be a very busy year ahead. I am sure 2011 will bring many happiness and sorrows at the same time. With the help with all friends, I am sure all obstacles will be conquered.
My new year resolution for 2011:
- Get MROC to run in the full capacity of an official club
- Hard copy newsletters for all MROC members
- Regular activities for MROC members
- Continue to breed for quality ethically
- Sharing rabbits with those who are as serious in the hobby
- Attending ARBA convention
Goodnight and cheers everyone!