Something came to mind this afternoon but I cannot seemed to recall what it was. I guess memory is failing me at the moment. I thought it was quite interesting to share.
Had an exhausting day building a few bunny mansions for the spoilt “BunBrats” and thought it will be good to share with those who are interested in building one. The problem with most pet cages in the market is that they are not built specifically for rabbits. Perhaps I should say that the problem lies in the rabbits – they like to relief themselves at a certain corner of the cage. The cages in the market do not offer protection against spills when bunnies lift their rear end towards the edge of the cages and “shooting” pee outwards. In order to solve this problem, most people use pee guards to be fixed around the internal edges of the cages but that further reduce the space in the cages. Instead, I prefer to build a “giant” pee guard that surrounds the cage itself. I have tried this method before and found that it is effective. Not sure why but today I was inspired to revamp the “bunny space” and wanted to give the bunnies larger roaming space. I found a large play pen with a bottom tray and realize that it will fit the vision I have on mind.
Here is a list of materials that you will need to build a bunny mansion:
1) General Clear Sealant
2) Chloroplast boards
3) Duct Tape
4) Large Cage
5) Soft Litter Bedding
6) Toys & Wooden House
7) Tools – Scissors/Measuring Tape/Long Ruler
8) Cable ties
Firstly, I had to combine two large chloroplast boards to be able to accommodate the cage dimension. In order to combine two or more boards together, I have to ensure that there will not be any leakage and this is why we need general sealant to be applied in between the two boards. I started off combining the two boards by sticking them together with the duct tape on one side, turn the boards around, applied the sealant and continue covering the gap with the duct tape. I left the sealant to dry while I clean cages.
After the sealant is dry, I placed the cage tray to measure the excessed board that I can fold to make a larger “tray”.
Once I have done that, I cut and fold the excessive board and bind together with cable ties.
I place the cage on top of the chloroplast tray, added bedding, place the feeding bowls and water bottles in before releasing the bunnies into their new mansion.
I believe I made a few bunnies really happy today.
Actually, now I remember what I wanted to share. It is pertaining to the word “motion”. Not passing motion as in “pooping” but when things seemed impossible, the most important is to take action. By taking action it will get things started. The reason why I had this thought was because, often times, we tend to put things on hold and procrastinate. And it feels harder to start the engine again when we finally find the time. No matter how small the effort, we should just take small steps.
I started off this morning with a little idea and I ended up spending 5 hours working for the bunnies. The first step was getting the cage and the rest as they say, is history – LOL!